Daxton's Birth


So it is decided I am officially the worlds worst blogger my baby is already almost four months old so I guess that means it is time to put on some updates about him. So I will start with his birth Dax was born after 33 hours of labor and 3 and a half long hours of pushing. They had to use the vacuum on him twice so he came out with quite the cone head. His heart rate also dropped way down so they had to immediately rush him away and resuscitate him. That part was pretty scary I didn't hear him cry for about five minutes. He was a little fighter though and came around pretty quickly. I got to hold him for a couple of minutes before they took him away to the nursery to monitor him. But he did really good Mark got to give him his first bath and I got to go see him in the nursery after I got all cleaned up and nurse him. He did great and took right to it, which I'm so happy about because they had to give him a bottle and a binky before I could nurse him. He spent his first night in the nursery on oxygen but they where able to take him of the next morning and he was back in our room in time to watch the BYU game with his daddy that afternoon. We checked out of the hospital bright and early the next morning and made the drive home just in time for Marks game. We took him up to meet the team before the game they where all so excited Dax was their mascot. Me and my mom and Dax went home while Mark went to his game, they won and dedicated the game to baby Dax. Dax is such a good baby it was a very emotional experience getting him here, I think that Mark and my mom where almost as tired as me, but he is so worth it. 

Stats at birth
Weight: 8.02 oz
Height: 20.5 inches
Eye color: grey
Hair: lots of dark brown hair
Likes: Dax loves to be sung to, ever since his first night when he was crying if one of us would sing to him he would just calm right down.


Pre-gaming

Twiner arm bands

We are so in love with this little boy.
watching their first BYU game together

My poor little beat up boy had to be hooked up to all these wires for a night

The first time Dax got to meet his daddy

The second time I got to hold my baby.


Dax's first time getting held by his grandma she had to wait until the morning after he was born.



Dax's first bath
Going home. He looks so small!!!
Wishing the team good luck!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawaii Christmas

Family Pics