Mark's Soccer Season

 
Mark just finishd his 2011 soccer season. They had a great year, he was captain of the team, got named all pac west player of the week and scored three goals. His first two goals where on the mainland trip and I was pretty sad I didnt get to see them but his third one is a really cool story (we think they might make a movie out of it one day ;) So anyways it was the last game of the season and senior night, so just all around a special day for Mark. He was playing amazing and all game kept getting very close to scoring. Then with seven seconds left he ran down the field and scored a goal. Everyone went nuts his whole team was running around the field behind him and, this is my favorite part, he ran to the sideline and gave me a big kiss before going to celebrate with the team. This was so special because it was quite literally his last touch on the ball in his soccer career as a player. If you know my husband then you know how passionate he  is about the things that he loves and soccer is one of those things. Mark spent hours upon hours practicing and dreaming and he truly got to live out his dreams this season. Well as you can tell I am one proud wifey so bare with me as you look at all the pictures of my cute husband playing in his last season.


 





This is the cute wives club. We all became really great friends throughout the season and it was fun to have other women around to watch the games with.






Oh and  P.S. a little peice of good news, Mark graduates in April yeah, and he got offered the position of assistant coach to the mens soccer team next season. He also works as head over athletic marketing and got asked to continue that job.  So we will not be saying goodbye to this beautiful island just yet! We are very excited about it, he will be coaching as well as continuing his job as head of athletic marketing as well as teaching an online coaching course, he will be busy but getting tons of great experience. We are looking forward to future and can not wait till April.


Comments

  1. You guys are just too cute, and I'm so happy things are working out well! Christian and I need to come out and visit sometime ;) I sure love you Nat, and miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute that he gave you a kiss right after he scored! I love that! :) Wow I can't believe he is done. I know he loved soccer so much and I'm glad he went out with a bang! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Mark! And that's so neat that you guys get to stay on the island a bit longer.. How fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats mark! What a great opportunity. That means we will miss you here in Utah though. Hopefully you are coming for a visit sometime. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the story of his goal! That is so awesome! So sad that you won't be coming back in April, but I am so excited for the good news. I am so happy for you guys. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the story about Mark. It was awesome & I am very happy for him! I am happy for his job too, that is awesome! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love you both sooooo much and are very happy for your great news. How nice for you both. Very proud of Marks success ....getting a goal at the last of the last game is such a perfect way to finish!! So fun to talk to you on the phone. hugs and kisses to you both. ALOHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah for Marky...yeah for both of you. sure love ya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hawaii Christmas

Family Pics

Daxton's Birth